This team co-ordinates, plans, and carries out the nurture ministries of Mebane UMC.. The Nurture Circle welcomes hearing from our members with any suggestions for our community. Anyone who would like to participate in our community ministries is invited to contact us. Leadership is Dave and Sue Bell and any requests should be sent to: email@example.com. Current News
- The Prayer Chain Ministry consists of three parts. One is the on-line ministry whereby members of our congregation can email requests for prayer and/or supplication for loved ones or friends who are in need. The e-mail address to request prayer is firstname.lastname@example.org. The second is the bulletin prayer chain which is listed weekly in the church bulletin. This list also includes our 'shut-ins' and servicemen and women. Additions to the bulletin list may be made through the church office. The third part of the prayer chain ministry is the prayer request cards found in back of each church pew. Fill out and place in the collection plate or give to the Pastor.
- The Disaster Preparedness and Response is a plan designed to help the church prepare the physical facility before a disaster strikes and then respond to the needs of our church, community and area following a disaster. Leader is Ted Zeller.
- Tape Ministry provides and distributes recordings of our Sunday Worship services on a weekly basis. Leader is Hilda Allen.
- Single/Single Again is a group of church members who meet on a monthly basis for lunch and share fellowship. A wonderful manner of staying in touch with friends and meeting new ones. Leader is Hilda Allen.
- Scholarship provides student assistance through distribution of funds which are to be used in post-secondary level education. There are currently 4 separate scholarships which have different criteria for each award. The application forms are available beginning in April of each year. Leader is Elsie Wolf.
- Hospitality provides coffee and refreshments during special events and in between Sunday services. Leader is Becky Walker.
Come join us between services for coffee, visit with old friends, meet new attendees, and share some fellowship in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We'll have coffee and juice, so bring the kids. Join us in the Parlor opposite the Holt entrance at after the 8:45 AM service and before the 10:45 service.