Worship at Home
Worship…at home or on the road
"Ascribe to the Lord, O mighty ones, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness." Psalm 29:1-2
- Begin to Focus on God:
- Pick a psalm (try Psalm 100) and read it aloud to offer God your praise.
- Sing a verse to two of a favorite hymn (or play something on your iPod/radio/cd).
- Humming is okay, too.
- Listen to God’s Word – Meditate on God’s Truth:
- Read a passage from the Bible – try Matthew 5-7, The Sermon on the Mount – or Luke 15, parables on lost-ness and found-ness. (example of on-line resources: The Upper Room, On-Line Bible, on-line bible study tools)
- Talk/think about what the scripture says or means – write down a few questions and maybe an action called forth.
- Listen/Read sermons delivered by Pastor Bryan
- Respond to God’s Call with Faith and Action:
- Say The Apostles Creed out loud.
- Pray – listen to God and share with God – close with The Lord’s Prayer.
- Make an offering – call a homebound senior, shovel someone’s driveway, write a note of encouragement, call someone, use your online bill pay or web pay to donate to the church or set it aside for next week.
- Live in Joy and Love:
- End with a little music and some good food.
This is probably close to what lots of Christians did for worship in the earliest years. It might be even better to invite some folks over and do it together.